Labels

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Upcycled Clock Picture Frame

On a random shopping trip, I picked up the empty frame of an old mantle clock.  I don't know why, but I did.  I liked it because it was cheap, it had cool lines, and it was a really rad green color.  I had absolutely no idea what to do with it, but I knew it must be mine!

When I got back to the shop, Caiti and I simultaneously had the same idea - the shell of that mantle clock would make an amazing picture frame!


We found an old photo that worked size-wise, and popped it inside the clock frame.  We did have to trim it a bit, which felt horrifying... I hate cutting old things.  But I think this was worth it. 


We covered the back by tracing a piece of card stock, cutting it out, and covering it with some cute cloth.  We used spray adhesive to put the cloth on.

Kind of fun, right?


And isn't this a dapper little family? I love all their outfits! And I'm just noticing now that maybe the girl and the boy are twins? That makes it even cooler!

This piece is for sale at our shop... we may put it on Etsy at some point, we shall see.  What other neat things do you think you could use for picture frames? We're always trying to come up with ideas... I'm pretty smitten with this & this for photo displays

xoxo,
Jess & Caiti

No comments:

Post a Comment